Aço Verde do Brasil, a Ferroeste Group company, was born as a competitive player in the sector of steel, with the philosophy of sustainability as the core of its strategies, which are guided by innovation and the constant improvement of its products and processes, thus ensuring fossil fuel free operations (zero carbon footprint).
Aço Verde do Brasil activities are supported by the ongoing search for better conditions that contribute towards environmental improvement, by means of investments on differentiated, cutting-edge technology which brings immediate results and forecasts highlighted herein:
• Production of high-quality steel, from investments already made on modern equipment;
• Use of sustainable charcoal obtained from planted, renewable forests, and not fossil fuel in the company’s s production process, thanks to the investments made on modern gas recovery systems;
• For each ton of steel produced with the use of gases recovered from the process, AVB will cease to consume the equivalent of 45 liters of fuel oil;
• For the first 10 years of operation, AVB is expected to produce 6 million tons of steel;
• About 18 million tons of CO2 will cease to be emitted thanks to the sustainable use of charcoal;
• With the use of gases resulting from the process, 270 million liters of oil will cease to be burned.